Welcome to the Legal.io web site (the “Site”). The following document sets out the policy of Legal.io with respect to information including personally identifiable data and other information collected from visitors to the Site and the Platform Services (“Personal Data”). Also review our Terms of Service, which govern your use of our services.
1. Acceptance of policy
This Policy also applies to any of our other websites that post this Policy. This Policy does not apply to websites that post different statements.
To use LawGives, you must agree to this Policy and our Terms of Service.
2. What we collect
We get information about you in a range of ways.
- Information You Give Us.We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), information about your legal issues and other information you provide to us.
- Information We Get from Others.We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information you provide to us.
- Information Automatically Collected.We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, Internet protocol (IP) address and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
- Web Beacons.We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
3. How we use personal information
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
4. How we share personal information
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal process.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
5. Control over your information
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request information about and updates to your personal information.
Our marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out." If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
6. Security of your personal information
We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
7. Third Party Vendors
8. Contact information
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may also contact us at [email protected] or by mailing to Box 19018, Palo Alto, 94309, CA.
LawGives reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace the Policy at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Policy, LawGives will notify you by posting an announcement on the Site. What constitutes a material change will be determined at LawGives' sole discretion. You shall be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Using any service or viewing any content following notification of a material change to the Policy shall constitute your acceptance of the Policy as modified.