Business Start-Up Center
The Business Start-Up Center
Starting up a new business can be both exciting and daunting. Burton Law’s Business Start-up Center provides the documents and advice needed to start up a business legally and lay the foundations for a secure and successful future.
If you need legal advice on whether to create a corporation or a limited liability company, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a free consultation.
Our incorporation service provides you with everything you need for a fixed price. Just click on the button below and complete an online Questionnaire. We use the information you provide to prepare your documents. We will also provide legal advice if you need it. Once you are ready, you can save your information in your personal MyLegalAffairs web space, register as a client, and pay our fixed fee, plus the Ohio State Filing Fees.
We offer two packages for each of the states where we practice: (Best Value)
Our legal advice is provided by telephone, e-mail or web cam using Skype, if you have web cam capability. You can also arrange for a meeting with a member of our team at our offices in Ohio.
Our Ohio Incorporation Package includes as much legal advice as you need to the point where your Corporation is organized and up and running.
Our package includes the following items:
- Next Business Day Processing
- Name Search — We’ll check to see if your desired name is available with the state. If it isn’t, we’ll contact you for alternate choices and keep working until we get a cleared name.
- Prepare and File Articles — We’ll complete all the necessary paperwork to create a new corporation and submit the documents to the state for processing on your behalf. In most cases, your signature will not be required.
- Personalized Organizational Meeting Minutes – We’ll prepare personalized Organizational Minutes so you can properly organize your new corporation (including step-by-step instructions for properly holding this meeting).
- Personalized Corporate Bylaws — We’ll prepare your Corporate Bylaws.
Additional Options Available:
- Federal Tax ID (EIN) application preparation
- Preparation of sub chapter S election (S corporation status)
- Obtain sub chapter S election (S corporation status) from IRS
Additional Corporation Documents Available: (Click on Link to Go to Online Questionnaire)
- Shareholders Agreement (Legal Advice Included) Where two or more people wish to carry on a business as a corporation, a shareholders agreement should be used. The agreement sets out the duties and responsibilities of the shareholders. The shareholders may be either all individuals or all companies or a combination of both individuals and companies.
- Buy and Sell Agreement (Legal Advice Included) Almost every business with more than one owner should have a buy-sell agreement. A buy-sell agreement is a binding contract – between you and your co-owners – that controls when an owner can sell his interest, who can buy an owner’s interest and what price will be paid for that interest. Usually a buy-sell agreement also gives the company and its owners an opportunity to buy out an owner who has stopped working for the company or has died. By so doing it eliminates the possibility that active owners will be forced to share profits with an inactive owner or an unsuitable new owner.
- Amendment to Articles of Incorporation (Legal Advice Included) This document is used to amend an Articles of Incorporation. It is filed with the State of Ohio and approved by the shareholders of the corporation and its Board of Directors.
- Amendment to By-Laws (Legal Advice Included) The form is used to advise the shareholders of a proposed amendment to the by-laws. Final approval is given when the shareholders approve the amendment.
We offer additional documents to help you business get underway: