700 12th St. N.W. Ste. 700
Washington, D.C. 20005
Brandon R. Cogswell
Brandon is a native of the Santa Fe, New Mexico high desert and a Marietta, Ohio dairy farm, recently removed from Columbus, Ohio to live and practice in Washington, D.C. Prior to joining Burton Law, he worked as a general practitioner and civil litigator in a small practice in rural Ohio. Brandon brings the new virtual model of the legal profession to the D.C. Metro area.
Brandon represents businesses and individuals in litigation and important business transactions serving as outside general counsel. He has a particular focus for emerging, high-growth and startup technology companies and family businesses.
In addition to business representation, Brandon advises and represents parties in oil, gas and mineral rights litigation at the trial and appellate level and has a successful track record defending individuals charged with criminal offenses.
Brandon is admitted to practice law in the State of Ohio, the District of Columbia and the District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- The Ohio State University, B.A., Agricultural Business and Applied Economics, 2001
- Capital University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Ohio State Bar Association: Young Lawyers Section Council; Agricultural Law Committee
- DC Bar: Law Practice Management Steering Committee; Practice Management Service Committee
- The Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- The Bike Rack Multisport Team: Board of Director’s Sponsorship Director
- The Bike Rack Road Racing Team
Brandon pole-vaulted in high school track and field, rode bulls during his undergrad time at The Ohio State University and eventually found his athletic passion after law school when he got into triathlon and bike racing in 2010. Since then he has completed several half-marathons, olympic distance triathlons and one 70.3 distance Half-Ironman in Augusta, Georgia. He also races his road bike around the D.C. metro area with The Bike Rack Road Team.